Peer College Programs
- Similar program offerings at peer colleges
- Comparative enrollment and completion data for each MVCC program and peer programs
- Consideration of high school and transfer institution partnerships
Team Members: Panos Hadjimitsos, John Sands, Chris Matusek, Rick Lapidus and Karrie Bieker
Possible Action Items
- Design an Associates in Arts Graphic Design program creating a new Graphic Design Department with its own course code - GDN
- Hire a new full-time instructor to design item #1
- Associates in Arts in Graphic Design could include collaborative model that incorporates courses from several areas of study. For example - ART, DESIGN, MEDIA and TECHNOLOGY courses to fulfill the degree requirements. Some of the foundations of the new program could include ART 146, ART 165, ART 182, ART 184; retaining the prefix ART as they will be foundations for both the AFA and the new Associates in Arts - Graphic Design emphasis. (See CLC program model)
- Revamp the Digital Designer certificate program to mirror new Associates in Arts Graphic Design.
- 2 plus 2 agreement implementation with IL 4-year institutions (SAIC, Columbia, etc.)
- ART 146 should become a foundations course and be required in AFA program
- More directed marketing initiatives including a website to showcase student work - check out UIC Student Work site. Also see more info under the Summary at the bottom.